Jack Cole <jcol...@gmail.com> wrote:

T1 is in an air gap apparently.  Possibly that could make more sense.

Let's see . . . You mean it is installed in the middle of the "T-Bone"
shaped reactor, in the air gap between the reactor and the "DC Power"
heaters (shown in orange). I guess it is touching the reactor.

The DC Power heaters are inside of a stainless steel tank, which seems to
be hollow, and is stuffed with MgO insulation. T4 is on the outer wall of
the steel tank. That seems like a good location to me. I expect the outer
wall temperature is uniform. It would be good to confirm that with an IR
sensor (optical thermometer).

I don't know where T3 is. Probably at the end of the reactor which is out
in the air, protruding from the steel tank.

Is there a photo of this somewhere? I don't recall. I will look at his
earlier paper. I think the configuration has not changed much. It has the
same problems, with the T2 thermocouple burning out, I guess from the high
temperatures and perhaps from the hydrogen atmosphere.