Jones, I think this observation is very interesting.  In fact, what the
Lugano analysis showed was probably even more astonishing.  In Parkhomov's
analysis, he reported the 64Ni going from 4.4% to 2.6%, a decrease to 59%
of original [I checked the Russian original to insure I had not made a
mistake in the translation].  However, in the Lugano report, the 64Ni went
from 1.0% to 0.0%.  This was overshadowed by the apparent migration of the
other Ni isotopes to 62Ni.  Of course, differential analysis of Rossi's
Lugano fuel vs. ash is very questionable due to the likely situation of the
reactor having been pre-loaded with some materials.  [This was not a Rossi
"deception"; he just didn't bother to bring up this fact, nor was he
obliged to.]