@Jones Beene, Yup I agree I also find the neutron model hard to swallow for the
same reasons you mentioned. Which is why I still prefer some kind proton
capture at this time.

I just have a hunch they may both be right with their respective mixes some
how, however but I agree experiment is the best arbitrator... Perhaps there is
a way with proton capture too if there is some stimulation, but I need to think
it through.

It's interesting what you say about some nickel containing higher
concentrations of Ni64 it makes me wonder about the nucleosynthesis aspects
given its source.

Was there any chance Parkhomov was using some preprocessed fuel, that was
already used in earlier experiments? Or is it clearly said it comes from the
unprocessed powder?

As you say it will be interesting to see if Ni64 is more significant than we
previously thought.