From: Jones Beene
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2016 7:45 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]: Kamacite and natural fractionation of heavy nickel

Now that we are learning the 64Zn could be an active isotope for thermal gain
in the glow-tube (assuming no measurement errors) it should be noted that this
is the most common isotope of zinc but is slightly radioactive with an
extremely long half-life. It does not need to be enriched.

The fact that 64Zn is slightly radioactive means that dense or fractional
hydrogen could play the major role in a thermal anomaly process, since it is
present in a metal matrix and positioned to disrupt the electrostatic balance
of zinc nuclei by getting closer than with a normal hydride. This would be
“accelerated beta decay” with dense hydrogen approaching the 64Zn nucleus close
enough to trigger beta decay, which would be far more likely than fusion.

Starting Zinc content would be 8% of the Nickel alloy. However, this is not out
of the question, since there is a common zinc-nickel electroplating alloy and
Parkhomov was known to be working on a low budget, so he may have used recycled
nickel containing this alloy.

This would be good news if true, since zinc is relatively cheap and beta decay
is easily shielded.

Bob Greenyer got this answer back from Parkhomov on the "64Ni" question (Sochi
results).

"About high content of 64Ni. We assume that in fact an impurity 64Zn was
registered. Mass spectrometer cannot distinguish between these two isotopes."

That could be big news… This could be a major breakthrough... or not. The
isotope in question was depleted by almost half, so it provided most of the
excess heat. If the 4.4% of mass 64 was due to zinc, then about 8% of the
starting nickel was zinc contamination which is high but not impossible. Since
Parkhomov sounds fairly sure, then he may have seen the other zinc isotopes
which were not mentioned.

Obviously, the next questions are something like this: was the depletion of the
zinc-64 (compared to the starting level) due to its slight inherent
radioactivity, and was the decay vastly accelerated? If so, then we must accept
that accelerated beta decay can provide excess heat and possibly avoid
detection. Other mechanisms are possible but 64Zn has an extremely long
half-life, yet it is known to beta decay.

The bottom line is that it would be wise to add zinc to a glowstick experiment
to see if it could really be this simple.