All report I have on Thomas darden are very kind, exceptionally kind,  and
others scientists working with him are happy.
This affair was the occasion to learn from people who met him, who he was.
No doubt he is professional, but not only.
Like most here I expected something with many shades of grey, but there is
more light than usual there.

The case is complex, and at least we should not take a position without the
data.
If one absolutely want to take a position, just take the CV and the
anecdotes about each character and guess what happened.

I personally eliminate the Mary Yugo position it is a scam, but it may be a
sad story.

My best hope is that it is just a problem of sincere collaboration. You
don't marry if you refuse the share the same bed.