Steven,

Good post in my opinion.  Very respectful to all.

It is a painful thing to come to the realization that the hope you place in
a person for changing the world is now lost (not to mention all the hours
and work spent following the topic).  It is a good and painful life
lesson.  When
you embark on such an investment of time and effort, place value on the
process of finding the truth per se rather than on the outcome.  Fortunately,
life often affords other opportunities to use knowledge gained even in
apparently fruitless past efforts.

Jack