It seems that loading and deloading several times do increase the
reproducibility. But maybe both cases are OK.

My idea is that some metals come with irregularity in structure. For
example, the lattice is not perfect, it has domains where the layers have
different orientation. The zone may play compress the hydrogen in there,
since I think, there is some difference in potential when current pass
through it, depending on the angle.