Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Jed,

> Excuse me for joining the discussion, however the choices are
> simple something or nothing, excess heat or NOT excess heat- zero, nada,
> niente nihil etc.
> In the moment you accept that it was a small excess heat you are accepting
> implicitly that by adequate means it can be increased.. no compromise here.

You misunderstand. I have been over this several times, but I will repeat
what I said about this.

As I.H. said, Rossi uses "inoperable reactors, relying on flawed
measurements, and using unsuitable measuring devices." His data and
configuration notes bear this out. The test setup is a farce. Because the
test is so poorly done and so crude, the margin of error is gigantic. I
suppose the COP might be somewhere between 0.5 and 1.5 if you take the
numbers at face value.

However, as a practical matter I am sure the COP is less than 1. That is
the most plausible interpretation of the data. Just because the instruments
are so bad they could indicate practically anything, that does not justify
the assumption that they indicate an anomaly.

I am working with Rossi's own data. I.H. says they are confident there is
no excess heat. I presume this is because they have additional data that
they collected themselves. I have not seen this data, but I take their word
for it there is no heat, and I am sure they have better proof than Rossi's
own nonsensical numbers.

Anyone could set up instruments to measure the heat properly, with
reasonable accuracy. I assume I.H. did this. Rossi fought to prevent them
from doing it, but I suppose they finally were able to do it.

You could answer all questions about the calorimetry by visiting the
pretend customer site next door, because that is where the fluid is cooled
down. Rossi fought to prevent that, as well. Given that this pretend
customer conducts no business, has no employees, pays no taxes and has
never had any equipment inspected, my guess is that there nothing more in
the customer site than a radiator and fan that removes ~15 kW of heat.

I cannot describe the details, but let me illustrate what I mean with an
unrelated example. I have a blood pressure meter that had a weak battery.
It registered something like 180 systolic over 60, then 210 over 140, then
90 over 20. The latter would mean I am dead. Since I am alive, it was clear
the instrument was malfunctioning. In Rossi's case, the malfunctions are
even larger than this. The instruments were selected and then installed in
ways that makes it impossible to get a meaningful answer. This is either
extremely stupid, or deliberate fraud. Since Rossi does not seem stupid to
me, I assume it is fraud.