Holmlid said the his experiments first show the production of the D-meson
which contains a strange strange quark. The only why that is can happen is
that a monopole magnetic field screens the strong force in the protons and
neutrons, These sub atomic particles then decay producing free quarks and
thus produce mesons.

See for theory

http://www.ectstar.eu/sites/www.ectstar.eu/files/talks/QCD-TNT-III_Shibata.pdf

The D-mesons decay into kaons then muons then electrons. Rossi has alway
indicated that an electrostatic field builds up inside his reactors. In his
newest reactor, this build up must be very vigorous.

The muons must also catalyze fusion.