my perspective on this sort of thing--

"they" don't even teach unified field theory to physics students ; so these
supposed "critics" can't even properly assess claims from people like Mallove.
The Father of Modern Atomic Physics was Boscovich--- but that is not even
taught to physics students.
Bohr, Heisenberg, Einstein etc when it came to what they were working from ; it
was Boscovich theory. But at university "they" miss that out; it is sort of a
teach Newton, Maxwell and a few other things then jump pass  18th century
atomic physics (Boscovich) and start teaching 20 th century stuff of relativity
and quantum physics.

Boscovich from Croatia/Serbia i.e. from same area of world as Tesla. They have
a Physics institute named after Boscovich. Last year I gave a talk there about
Boscovich; and top lady scientist from Boscovich Institute didn't know anything
about Boscovich; that is how famous Boscovich is!!!
You want to talk about cold fusion, then you need to talk about the original
atomic theory upon what modern physics is based; but there are very few people
who know what that "is". I am one of the few people does know.
Latest talk this year is about how "point-particles" has been misundertoood at
Vigier Conference. http://www.noeticadvancedstudies.us/AndertonX.pdf