Jed,
I think for the foreseeable future robots will wear out and the industry will be more like the car industry where you have to buy a new one every so many years and it will then have more advanced features. Advanced robots will not be cheap. Likewise, the government will still be needed for some things like defense and law enforcement, so the manufacturers will be taxed. UBI will be required to allow the robot makers/owners make some money and have some incentive to keep going. Entertainment will obviously grow with the need and that has to be paid for, so again the need for UBI. Maybe in the very, very distant future, with the singularity and repair robots, the game will change, but that is too far off to speculate about.