FYI See:
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/02/06/8367959/index.htm?cnn=yes
or
http://tinyurl.com/cvb9s

There is a fairly extensive CnnMoney.com article on the claimed advantages of converting to Ethanol. They talk about Brazil's success along with other factors as well. The article discusses the advantages of modifying cars so that they can easily switch between petroleum and ethanol. (That part makes a lot of sense to me.)

However, I wonder how much hidden energy may be used in the form of expensive fertilizer just to grow the crops that ultimately make the ethanol. From what I have heard, when those hidden factors are weighed in the sudden panacea suddenly can suddenly evaporate, sometimes actually going into the negative.

I'm curious what other Vorts may have to say about this article.

Let the debate begin!

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com