----- Original Message ----- From: "Zell, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 2:02 PM
Subject: RE: Who Killed the EV?

In summary, there are too many sinister explanations for things that are
easily explained by pedestrian economics.  Alternative energy has never
gotten mainstream because businesses know that their plans could
collapse anytime the Saudis ( the swing producers) OPEN UP A VALVE
and pump $20 a barrel oil.

..............but that may soon change ( Thank God)

That day is changing very quickly as we speak. Many oil analysts said oil was heading quickly back to $35 a barrel last year. They couldn't have been more wrong. The fact is oil demand is oustripping supply and the easiest way to see that reality is the fact that the price of a barrel of oil keeps rising: pedestrian economics. Supply/Demand.

I agree that alternative energy has been hurt by cheap oil and the government's efforts to keep oil cheap and plentiful by protecting the oil trade militarily has helped skew the markets in oil's favor and hurt alternative energy. That is not pedestrian economics, that is called government meddling and social engineering. Well, now even the government can't keep the price of oil down where they and industry want's it, so people are going to start taking alternative more seriously. I'm sure many people who drive around town would love to have the option of doing so for 1/4 the cost in an electric vehicle (EV) if only that option were available.