I had occasion to type this quote, so let me copy it here. This is from one
of my favorite books, D. Huff, "How To Lie with Statistics" p. 120:

"Often the statistician must choose among methods, a subjective process,
and find the one that he will use to represent the facts. In commercial
practice he is about as unlikely to select an unfavorable method as a
copywriter is to call his sponsor's product flimsy and cheap when he might
as well say light and economical."

This is one of the best introduction to statistics I know of. It is also
hilarious. My late mother, a statistician, highly recommended it.