On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Thus the Improbable twist on the "original sim" is that we can watch the
> inner workings of an artificial reality being created over time by gods...

Speaking of...
There's an interesting series on Starz.com called "American Gods" which
resurrected "Lucy" (as in "Lucy, I'm home") in the second episode who gave
away what appears to be an interesting plot.  Ian McShane, Mr. Wednesday,
seems to be Odin seeking to get the band back together to combat...what?
The second episode introduces a crusty (Russian?) who can only be Thor. And
who is the strange (Egyptian?) with a bizarre appetite lending a whole new
meaning to Hall and Oates' "Maneater".

The American Gods they might be fighting seem to be virtual, or Artificial
Intelligence.  Valhalla vs. The Singularity!

Worth watching.....so far. Legion!  Oops, that another one.