Hi,

Not that I disagree, but there are other more mundane possibilities for a
Hydrogen excess, such as storage in e.g. carbon nano-tubes, or Bucky-balls, etc.
that may form naturally under some conditions. Other substances that act as a
Hydrogen storage medium may also play a role. (Clathrates for Hydrogen?)
[snip]
>There is a more interesting stable candidate for a species with a mass
>of 5 amu - it is molecular H5 consisting of two molecules of H2 bound to
>a core of UDH (ultra dense hydrogen). This molecule could explain many
>well-known astrological mysteries such as the large amount of hydrogen
>on certain comets and the Jovion moons.
>
>Molecular H5 would consist of 5 protons in a compact spatial
>tetrahedron: having been formed from two molecules of normal hydrogen
>(H2) magnetically bound to one reduced orbital atom of hydrogen (aka the
>UDH, DDL, pychno ro hydrino). This dense hydrogen allotrope UDH would
>have a very large magnetic self-field in the range of kiloT (thousands
>of Tesla) and that field provides long-lived stability, especially in a
>liquid phase for an allotrope.
>
>If this putative molecule were stable, it would be liquid  at mid-low
>temperatures but much higher than expected; and it should show up in
>cosmology in cold gas-giants like Jupiter. It could be a liquid at up to
>200K. We might find it in the polar regions of Mars. There are some
>tantalizing clues such as "lakes of liquid methane" on the Jovian moons
>which seem to contain way too much hydrogen a temperature way above the
>boiling point. In fact they appears to be mostly hydrogen. Comet tails
>contain way too much hydrogen as well, since the comet is not cold
>enough to retain LH.
>
>The tetrahedron is a favored platonic solid. A compact atom of HDH at
>the core of 4 protons in a tetrahedron would be a candidate for
>explaining anomalies involving the appearance of liquid hydrogen at
>temperatures where hydrogen cannot be liquid.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk