Then you have confirmed it:  That promising line of inquiry was
dropped.   You should at least post what you just said on the MFMP
website and ask for anyone who might be interested in furthering this
line of inquiry to get involved.  It wasn't dropped due to lack of
progress, it was dropped due to personal circumstance.