As I understand it, there are two hydrino-like transitions that could
occur, perhaps on a 12C atom.  Suppose that the 12C is subject to catalytic
hydrino formation wherein one of its electron enters a (1/p) state.  Such
an electron would enter an orbital around the nucleus that is smaller than
the s orbital and would screen one of the protons from the remainder of the
electrons.  This would cause it chemical and spectral properties to appear
as 12B instead of 12C.  This would be a very unusual find because real 12B
decays with a half-life of 20ms and should not be seen in the experiment.
Finding a stable signature of 12B would be a likely indicator of formation
of the hydrino state of 12C.

Now consider that a hydrino hydride ion, described by Mills as H-(1/p)
could enter a hydrogen nucleus and bind so tightly as to become an
innermost orbital below the s orbital.  A similar thing would happen in
that this tightly bound negative charge would screen a proton as far as the
remainder of the 12C electrons are concerned - it would have a mass of 13,
but would chemically and spectrally appear as 13B, not 13C.  13B has the
same uniqueness in discovery as the 12B - because real 13B has a half-life
of only 17ms and hence should not be found in the experiment.  It would
only be determined to be 13C accidentally if there were no spectra taken -
I.E. in a high resolution mass spectrometer test only.  This aspect is
certainly not out of the question, as 13B would not be anticipated to be
found because real 13B would quickly decay most of the time to 13C anyway.
If they were to test for the x-ray spectra of B, perhaps the hydrino
hydride of 12C could be detected.

Note, however, that 13C is stable and is about 1% of natural C.  It is not
used for dating.  Interestingly, the natural variation of 13C is nearly
+/-1%.  Could the hydrino hydride of 12C cause a measurement uncertainty in
the isotopic ratio of 13C/12C?

I estimate that hydrino states would be as stable in atoms with multiple
electrons as they are with hydrogen having a single electron.  The reason
is that the additional electrons of, say a 12C, provide a possible means of
evanescent coupling to the innermost (hydrino) electron and provides some
opportunity to transfer energy without photon transfer and relieve the
hydrino state.

Bob