You are right about the testing, particularly the state of the steam that is generated and we hope that should be rectified soon.

There are a couple of indications that strongly suggest that the steam is pretty dry.  If you look at stills from the slow motion system, when the steam initially emerges it is totally transparent.  You can see that is is there because it refracts the light passing through it so that objects in the background are shifted quite considerably.  A couple of frames later and it has condensed out into the visible cloud.

Also, the steam can only exit the cavitation chamber through the pressure relief valve when the pressure exceeds 10MPa.  From steam tables this means that it must be at a temperature of more than 300C.

However, this is too indirect an indication, and as I said we hope to rectify this soon.

Nigel