As you already know, I find this sort of work fascinating.  The hope is that looking at the data in a different way might result in seeing some connection that has been missed when we just look at the standard model and which might in turn inform our understanding of the standard model.

What is intriguing is how little quarks figure in the document, the only bit being when Phillip looks at the three generations of quarks.  The basis for the three generations of matter is particularly poorly understood, so if this approach provides an insight then that would be useful.   On an initial skim through I have not spotted any obvious leads

Nigel