Any particle with integer spin is by definition a boson, so in the case of
an EPO it's a massive one.  Beyond that, i have nothing..!

As regards the potential source in LENR, either there's a corresponding
change in entropy in the fuel, hence a local source, or there isn't, so a
non-local one (ie. over-unity). Like most folks, i'm expecting a change in
mass of the spent fuel.  How and why it happens i have little idea, but
look forward to finding out..

..and as for the Planck scale, is there even sufficient spacetime to
manifest motion?  Doubtless, alternative dimensions become relevant down
there, and i am partial to the notion of an active vacuum..  but all angels
and pinheads to me i'm afraid..