I hesitate to say this, but I think Julia may be wrong.   I think it would be better to say that people (including scientists) are sometimes wrong.

To say that people (including scientists) are often wrong gives rise to the problems we now have with people distrusting the science of vaccinations and global warming.  However we are all sometimes wrong, and should admit it when we are, as I will be doing during my talk at the water conference in October.  It is my experience that scientists do admit they are wrong if presented with good data.  We managed to get the Nature genetics editors to admit that a paper that they published a year earlier was largly incorrect (https://www.nature.com/articles/ng.3392) by presenting them with some good data.

Too often in LENR the data is simply not good enough,  and yet the experiment/demonstration looks as if it could/should have been designed to produce good data, leaving people wondering why it was not.

As to whether Stan was the baptiser, time will tell, but the lack of developments that came from the car adds fuel to the conspiracy theorists fire.

Nigel