I finished the graph. This shows the difference between an old paper
retyped from scratch, versus an image Acrobat file. New version:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmanthepresent.pdf

Old version:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/SIFthescience.pdf#page=490

Actually, you cannot see much difference in this case, and the underlying
OCR text did not have many errors. I might have left this one alone, but I
thought I would test the abilities of the latest version of Acrobat and
this program GetData Graph Digitalizer.

I feel some ambiguity about making a complete conversion. Some authors,
notably Pam Boss, prefer that I keep the original paper in the original
format as much as possible. I understand why she feels that way, but there
are many problems with old papers.

Fortunately, most papers written in this century have been preserved in a
digital format (Microsoft Word or Acrobat). Authors should make every
effort to preserve the original computer files of papers, data, photos and
anything else. Send them to me if you want them preserved, even if you do
not want me to upload them.