I think one of the things that should be checked with this is whether it gives off low energy (5-10keV) gamma rays or X rays.  I have been looking at the strange radiation data from Russia, which seems to be linked with LENR, and one of the most intriguing results is that it is also possible to produce strange radiation from a small disk spinning very fast.  There also seems to be a connection between the strange radiation and the low energy X rays that are reported by people such as Vysotskii. If it is giving off such radiation then that would be an indication that there might be something in this, but it would also mean that it is probably not suitable for home installation.