More on Silcal Metallurgic Ltd quality control

The screened raw materials were taken using a conveyer system to the third
floor of the furnace and stored in
separate over head bunkers. Each of the three raw materials were weighed
according to a computerized batching system
and transferred into charging buckets running on monorails in the second
floor. Charging buckets then discharged the
premixed raw materials into the furnace every 10–15 min through chutes.
Shift-wise consumption of all raw materials
was totalized to obtain daily (24 h) consumption data.

The molten alloy product was drained through one of the three tap holes at
the bottom of the furnace every 2–2.5 h
into tiltable “teeming ladles” mounted on rail tracks. The teeming ladles
were then emptied into large stationary heat
resistant cast iron trays to a thickness of approximately 50 mm. Next day,
during the day shift the solidified Fe–Si
slabs were manually broken into small pieces, weighed and packed into 40 kg
bags for domestic consumers or in 1 ton
jumbo bags for export. Each batch of* Fe–Si was individually analyzed
adopting standard procedures prevalent in this*
*industry.*

*Ftpm:*

*http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedw.pdf