Why doesn't a living organism burn up when that organism is transmuting
elements through nuclear fusion and/or fission?

The LENR reaction will allow the energy and particles produced by
transmutation to escape to the far field while the LENR reaction is active.
This energy and particle product of transmutation will travel in a state of
quantum mechanical superposition thereby being in a state where this
destructive byproduct of the LENR reaction is unable to interact with
reality... i.e. the organism. When the LENR reaction terminates, the
transmuted element(s) will appear inside the organism in a stable and
quiescent state. The destructive byproduct of the LENR reaction will also
materialize into reality but the location of those particles and energy
will be far from their point of creation inside the organism.

The general principle of superposition of quantum mechanics applies to the
states [that are theoretically possible without mutual interference or
contradiction] ... of any one dynamical system. It requires us to assume
that between these states there exist peculiar relationships such that
whenever the system is definitely in one state we can consider it as being
partly in each of two or more other states. The original state must be
regarded as the result of a kind of superposition of the two or more new
states, in a way that cannot be conceived on classical ideas. Any state may
be considered as the result of a superposition of two or more other states,
and indeed in an infinite number of ways. Conversely, any two or more
states may be superposed to give a new state...

Atoms can be in two places at the same time
https://phys.org/news/2015-...
<https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2Fphys.org%2Fnews%2F2015-01-atoms.html%3AkO-kbhhrpqu6Nq4Cfpn-CExDSqA&cuid=2168707>

[image: Thumbnail]
<https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2F3c1703fe8d.site.internapcdn.net%2Fnewman%2Fcsz%2Fnews%2F800%2F2015%2Fatomscanbein.jpg%3AnB5SGreRz5Yg1p4W8dyRQ3FU7TQ&cuid=2168707>