Two or three people have suggested to me that Mizuno's reaction must be
unstable because it is exponential and self-heating. I do not think so.

I commented on this at LENR-forum. Let me copy a few paragraphs.

First, you can see this is anomalous heat. Look at the first 10 minutes of
Fig. 6, and the stray points in Fig. 8. Resistance heating does not act
that way.

Now look at the increase in Fig. 6 from minute 10 to hour 1:40. It is
sedate. When resistance heating is turned up, the reactor heats about as
quickly as a toaster oven. It takes a while for that increase to reach the
flow calorimetry, but it does not take an hour and 30 minutes. This gradual
increase is from anomalous heat. The anomalous heat increases exponentially
of control, or unstable. It just means the heat goes to a proportionally
higher level in response to higher temperatures.

The reaction must be self-heating to some extent. 50 W of resistance
heating alone would never begin to reach these temperatures. In Fig. 6,
around 1:40 the heat leaving the reactor balances the heat being produced
in the reactor, so the reaction stops going to higher levels. It
stabilizes. Again, self-heating does not mean going out of control. Burning
wood must self heat or the reaction stops, but that does not mean a wood
fire goes out of control, or that it never reaches a terminal temperature
and a stable, terminal heat production level.

. . . Apart from this, I have a feeling the heater is boosting the reaction
for some reason other than just higher temperatures, such as IR
stimulation. I will let others with more knowledge of physics speculate
about that.

Anyway, I do not think an exponential self-heating reaction necessarily
means the reactor might go out of control.