The NIH article states that masks are damaged by chemical agents.  I first
heard of the Swedes sterilizing masks with 254 nm light.  Then found the
NIH article and decided to build my own.  I ordered the parts from Amazon a
few weeks back and had it up and running last week.  Two sources means you
don't have to turn the masks.

I am building a second one with a single 18" tube this weekend using a
standard fixture.  The 6 inch small tubes are no longer available.  I got
the tube in today.
 18 inch uv.c.jpg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YgniUQP0q3H7Tm9PiFDwdt6uYjqdt0y-/view?usp=drive_web>
I have run tests on cheap dust masks.  After 24 hours exposure, the only
obvious damage is a weakening of the elastic.  Looks like about 20%.  The
control is on the right.  Each are filled with equal weights.