Fuel cell cars will run much farther the Li powered battery car as the tank in cargo vehicle has no real size limit.

On the other side the Chinese leader in battery technology just announced a 90$ /kwh battery. This is a turning point where all electric cars become much cheaper than ordinary fuel cars. (Also island home solutions!)

I leave it to you to find out what Elon did with this...

But the race is open and the only path to get rid of excess wind current is producing Hydrogen/Methanol. Further we just wait for better materials to store Hydrogen without pressure. As the LENR folks might know Palladium did only fail due to strange degradation .... But others are in the pipeline. Nickel sponge?

J.W.