Thanks Jones.
To me it is a metaphor for catalysis.
One half of component A drops down the field pressure gradient to the low
road and speeds up.
The other half dawdles along the surface.
They both meet up at B and complete their reaction.
The reaction speed for the low road is therefore much faster than the
reaction speed for the high road.
Now in this case the field is gravity.
In chemical catalysis it is Beta-atmosphere.

In my research on clays I showed that specimens compacted from clay
particle aggregations had a higher strength, ergo higher pF, for smaller
aggregations than for larger aggregations.

Now one of Mizuno's experiments involved a palladium specimen compacted
from grains of the metal. The heat generated started running away. Fearing
an explosion he stopped it.

I read somewhere that he has since had specimens which put in a bath
generate large amounts of steam, far too much to be the result of chemical
reaction.

To an unprejudiced observer he has succeeded in finding the holy grail of
Cold Fusion. It seems to me that the only way prejudice will be overcome is
to develop the system commercially. Eventually the skeptics will be forced
to overcome their cognitive dissonance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXuI2oZFwBc