Hi,
[snip]
>... then there's a quantum concept called "afterglow" ...
>
>which could explain a lot if it were not imaginary
>
>https://phys.org/news/2015-03-photon-afterglow-transmit-transmitting-energy.html

When they drop the notion that information transfer speed is limited by the
speed of light (i.e. special relativity),
they may actually catch up with the rest of the intelligent races in the galaxy.

Almost no one actually travels through space. Most just use "holodecks" to
communicate with other star systems at FTL
speeds.
This obviates the need to go anywhere, because essentially unlimited energy
(mass-energy conversion) makes complete
recycling possible. That means that all these races are essentially self
sufficient.
Besides, why would you want to go to a distant planet, where you would probably
die from a disease to which you had no
immunity?
Such technology makes it possible to explore the galaxy from your living room.
Much as we now do by TV, but farther
afield, in 3D, and much more interesting than reruns of "I love Lucy".  :)
Regards,

R. van Spaandonk

Crops, not towns, should be planted on floodplains.
Even the ancient Egyptians knew this.