Boom <danieldi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The worst case possible would be like the Project Colossus film (1970).
> The AIs would become like gods and we would be their servants. In exchange,
> they'd impose something like a Pax Romana by brute force. . . .

That was pretty good. I saw it dubbed into Japanese which gave it a kind of
unique flavor. There is a book, "The Adolescence of P-1" which I thought
was a more realistic, technically accurate story. It is described in detail
in Wikipedia. The Canadian movie made from it was very different from the
novel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adolescence_of_P-1