It's kind of crazy how the brain works. It parses your complaints and then
when I wake up I see things even more clear. So the addition to the setup
are that we need to constrain interactions in the rest frame of the current
moving at C (you can consider a limiting argument to make this stringent)
now I think that in this reference frame we will need the parallel line
segments to be also located so that the line connecting them are orthogonal
to the stream. This simplifies many things and I assumed this without
stating it clearly. This has some implications for the decomposition of the
3 quark systems. First of all we only consider systems where there are two
paths that are parallel and that you can do. And then make a similar system
so that we do get the triangulation we are after and can get the argument
done (as all three are not lined up in that example). This is possible if
everything is symmetrized.