I've spent some time catching up on the hydrovoltaic air-gen research and I am
surprised I knew nothing about it previously. This field of research has been
going on for quite some time and the recent breathless news release by the
group at UMass Amherst was likely an attempt to raise fresh funding.

If you're curious about it detail, read this:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/action/downloadSupplement?doi=10.1002%2Fadma.202300748&file=adma202300748-sup-0001-SuppMat.pdf

Then compare the analysis of results to this:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/DiStefanoAexperiment.pdf

I can't help but suspect that they are the same thing. Since the LEC seems to
work with the the phenomenon of nanoporosity and doesn't necessarily need
catalyst metals such as palladium, perhaps all of CF, LENR, CANR work on this
principle and are not fusion at all, but some other phenomenon not yet well
understood. Maybe it works like the atomic hydrogen torch, where splitting
diatomic hydrogen and then recombining it results in large energy release. Or
maybe the nanoporosity literally splits the diatomic hydrogen and then crushes
it into the hydrino. Water molecules could be similarly broken down within the
nanopores.

The nanoporous aluminum film I made 10 years ago would likely work well for
either the LEC or the air-gen. It was coated onto a PET film substrate and was
a mirror on the substrate side and dead black on the exposed surface. The fact
that a small drop of water literally vanishes into the surface of a film only
about 400 nm thick and becomes hot at the area of contact would seem to
indicate appropriate use in the LEC or the air-gen.

Sheer speculation on my part. What's your take?