If these two statements are logical implications of Maxwell's equations,

a) A magnet that is not moving with respect to the aether will not have an
electric field.
b) A magnet that is moving at a constant velocity with respect to the
aether will have an electric field.

Then consider this thought experiment:

You are in a windowless cabin with a hatch on the floor that is
initially closed . It is located on the surface of a large frozen lake
whose ice is perfectly smooth, flat and frictionless. Outside the cabin the
ice is featureless except for a grid of lines that is visible just a few
millimeters beneath the ice surface. The Earth is assumed to be flat and
the cabin has been designed to exclude outside fields  and slide over
the ice in any direction. Inside the cabin there is a bar magnet and an
electric field probe that can detect electric fields.

If the electric field probe tells you the magnet has no electric field, you
can conclude the cabin is at rest with respect to the aether. If the magnet
does have an electric field then you know the cabin is moving at a constant
velocity with respect to the aether. In both scenarios you do not if
the cabin is at rest with respect to the ice or in which direction you are
moving. However, by opening the floor hatch you can determine if you are
moving with respect to the ice and in which direction.

Harry