By the way, that should be 300 km wide, not 100 km. I took the 100 km figure from the New Scientist (http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/), but the voiceover says the meteor is "wider than Honshu." Honshu is 280 wide at the widest point.

"Large meteor?"   Looks more like Ceres, or perhaps Vesta.   It wouldn't
be too much different if they just used Earth's Moon instead.

The Moon is 3476 km in diameter. If something as large as the Moon struck Earth at 70,000 km/h, I suppose the two bodies would immediately squish together to form a ball of molten iron.

Ceres: 950 km
Vesta: 525 km - same range

I must say, in the best traditions of Japanese nurses and elevator operators, the voiceover narrator lady makes the whole incident seem somehow enjoyable.