John Berry wrote:

On 9/17/06, *Wesley Bruce* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    ZPE saves the conservation of energy yet again.
    John Berry wrote:

    snip I'm to thick to handle this bit. ;-)

    Plus you do not state by which mechanism the thrust would be
    effected, where my Doppler effect pushing it out of resonance
    lowering the Q is pretty much what was stated in the article,
    There was no indication they used it as a way to save the
    conservation of energy and if they did then we can discount it as
    bunk anyway because that would mean they have no theoretical
    basis for believing in the effect.

    Not quite doppler effect but a good analagy. If the front plate is
    accelerating relative to the compound wave frount velocity the
    wave front will peak a few nanometers behind the plate. Hense no
    push if the plate is moving.

My solution (though I loved your rowing idea) was to increase the microwave frequency, increase the length of the chamber coupled with a good constant rate of acceleration so it can again produce as much thrust as if it were stationary, this should still work with your view?

Catch is its several frequencies building a wave formation that travels fractionally faster that the photons in the wave its self. Drifting all the frequencies up a few Herz would not work easerly. you would run into harmonics and shift beyond microwaves, etc. That why the rowing idea works the emdrive is acceleration but is also stationary because the back force you apply with your 'oar' matches the forward force on the emdrive.

    But if you accept that Morton and ATGroup and especially
    Podkletnov with their similar gravity beam rigs is for real then
    how would the conservation of energy be saved in this case?

    Podkletnov found the beam didn't weaken no matter how much matter
    it went through, and there was no counter reaction on anything.

    I prediced the results for Podklenovs second set of experiments
    back in 1998. There should be no counter reaction, it is a
    reactionless drive. We need to get a small one to the sapce station!

oops typo spetted in the 'Space'. :-D

I think I know how Podkletnovs second device works, the aether moves through the donut superconductors inducing a second beam like aether flow at 90 degrees, the exact same thing can be seen to happen in the ATGroup device and Mortons device which was really Podkletnov on a budget.

Close but the second device is not spinning so the beam or field is not toroidal. The ZPE hitting the Bose electron (a 20 cm cooper 'pair' of billions of electrons) is absorbed but because the wave states of the Bose electron is shared the emitted ZPE can't be random. All the ZPF wave packets must emit in the same direction at the same time. Because the Bose electron is trapped (pined) in a boundary layer between a superconducting layer and a resisting layer a few microns thick it can only recoil in one direction and it can thus only emit in the opposite direction. This makes a beam of ZPE several mega joules that is in effect lased ZPE Perpendicular to the plane of the Bose electron. The rest of the interactions with matter are basically out lined in Stochastic electrodynamics theory. See http://www.calphysics.org/research.html

I know that there is a time delay between the arc and the beam which others have pointed out is consistent with an aether theory.

I think the arc/ visual effects are secondry.

I would be interested as to how you predicted it.

I was reading a lot of work from Haich, Rueda and Puthoff on stochastic electrodynamics at the time. Puthoff stated that the point partons absorbed and emitted ZPE randomly as part of the "zitterbewegung". I simply realised that that must apply for a larger bose condensate of electrons ( several billion Quarks trapped in a plane )but it cant be random. I can't do the math so the idea is going no-where.

Morton had a different theory regarding beams from accelerating charges.

    Face it, if reactionles propulsion if real then the only way the
    conservation of energy could MAYBE be saved is if we just assume
    there is a loss (or gain) in ZPE somewhere in the universe of
    equal magnitude with the gain or loss in kinetic energy, even
    though figuring out how this could possibly occur and know it it
    should even be a loss is crazy but if you have to believe in the
    conservation of energy (why?) then that's your best bet.

    ZPE is the basis for all the theories, mine and Dr Modanese's and
    thus all the theories on Podkletnovs work are notionally
    conserving energy. I suspect the Emdrive will in the end also be
    found to be interacting with ZPE.

    snip

    The only frame of reference there is, is one that any decent
    sized ship drags along, yes that's my own theory not conventional
    although plenty of relativists are slowly coming to such a
    conclusion. (it allows FTL travel)

    cool where are the papers?

Just look for frame dragging.
They accept outer galaxies are moving away faster than the speed of light but that's ok cause space time is moving with them.

They will eventually turn it back into an aether theory.

It's only an issue of magnitude of how readily space time can be dragged around by matter.

    The real question, as with all science, is How do you design an
    experiment that invalidates the key hypothisis of C - of - E.

As I've said earlier I can argue that the conservation of energy is a philosophy, an observation which sometimes is broken and in most math it is conserved but not all as in the example I gave earlier in this thread where it is broken by time delay.

It is hard to have a reactionless propulsion without breaking the conservation of energy, and as I reject the idea Robin and Kyle are so comfortable with that leaves only one possibility (that I'll accept) that energy is being balanced by ZPE.

And at that point you can't disprove the possibility that energy no matter how logical it might appear that it is being created in a certain device, no matter how much excess energy is generated you can't be sure it isn't vanishing from some mysterious unseen near infinite storehouse of energy.

And it does make the point rather moot, a philosophical issue only that can't really ever be proven one way or the other absolutely.

    What are your assumptions and if ZPE is real and usable as energy
    and reaction medium does that save C - of - E. Then we start all
    over again asking the question but now we must exclude ZPE
    experimentally.
    I see a long and fruit full life for the consevation of energy
    debate.

Indeed, but I don't believe it can be excluded really.

Yep.

In the end I think it is closer to an issue of faith, faith in abundance and creation or faith in rigid laws because once ZPE is fair game there is no proving either side, not that there ever was.

The Universities put a lot of faith in some things: random chance, their assumptions, their teachers and call such guess work proven, probable or Law. Yet they barely grasp the consept of faith at the same time. As for 'Abundance and creation' there lays a dozen more debates.