On Sunday 26 November 2006 23:13, Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:
> Rhong Dhong wrote:
> > Here's what I've been able to glean from their site.
> >
> > It is self-powered. There is no input.
>
> No it's not.
>
> It has a COP>100% which means it produces more power than it consumes,
> but to have a meaningful COP it _MUST_ consume power!  Without input
> COP=infinity.
>
> Second, they have some obscure comments to the effect that the devices
> can't be cascaded.  That also suggests very strongly that there's power
> going in, and power going out (and sounds very fishy IMHO).
>
> Finally, the description makes it reasonably clear that it's a
> magnet-based torque amplifier of some sort.  (Can't cite a page on that;
> sorry, I don't recall where I saw the actual description.)
>
> > They won't do demos because, they say, they'll be
> > put down as conmen unless a jury of reputable
> > scientists confirms the OU.
>
> OU is _NOT_ an issue IF the machine is self-powered!!  If you've got
> output and _no_ input, then it's OU by construction.
>
> But again, their machine is not self-powered.
>
> > They'll announce their first products the day the jury
> > announces its verdict.
> >
> > They have said they continue to file applications for
> > patents on different implementations of the basic
> > configuration.
>
> If they had a working model which had no input power, they could patent
> the whole thing.
>
> Perpetual motion machines are patentable in the United States if you
> have a working model, but not otherwise.  But, they don't have a working
> model (in that sense) -- it requires external power to operate.  So,
> they can't patent the closed-loop version.

Some would be willing to bet that the country that had the excellent judgement
to grant Wal-Mart a patent on a lazy susan in the face of probable testimony
from MBA types that had to have soaked their faces in wet cement and allowed
setting to take place  in order to keep straight faces before testifying that
there was 'only anecdotal evidence of possible prior art', would be capable of
granting any IP creation request to anyone with a sufficient amount of money
and a 'friendly' examiner.

Yet  serious scientists going forward with:  cold fusion devices;   black
light rockets;  or photonic thrusters that actually have a chance of lifting
themselves and their power units.....will get a cold shoulder.  If we as a
nation succeed in stopping progress here, that does not mean that the
whole world will go along.  There is a focus fusion device out there that
is going to see a test in South America soon.  See it at:

              http://www.focusfusion.org

They recently succeeded in raising the temperature of their electrostatic
confinement D-Bo fusion device to nearly 3 billion degrees K.  They are
now building a larger proof of concept reactor.  This, if successful would
be a nuclear fusion generator most everybody would love except:   a terrorist
(no radioactive substances to steal or use);  an oil company (oil now only
useful as lubricants or in plastics in near future...no more gravytrain);  a
middle eastern country (no more money from an accident of geography
to finance destructive wars and ostentatious lifestyles).  Deuterium-Boron
fusion requires a very high temperature, but there are no reaction products
that can be used to hurt anybody in any significant way.  The difficulty is
attaining the reaction temperature and feeding the reaction, and this
appears to possibly be reachable.  These folks envision a reactor the
size of a two car garage being able to produce many megawatts of power.
If true, we could go back to what we were in the late 1800's when very many
small towns had their own power plants and gas generators.

Standing Bear

The world needs and feeds on hope, not fear!