Michel Jullian writes:

>I am not saying such a reference lab can be set up just like that, only that
>it would be possible, and useful. The US DOE . . .

The US DoE is committed to destroying CF. It lies about its intentions, and
performs "reviews" with the express purpose of getting rid of CF altogether.
See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LENRCANRthedoelies.pdf

Putting the DoE in charge of this would be putting the fox in charge of the
henhouse! If they found excess heat I am sure they would lie about it, and
claim there was no excess heat, just as MIT and the Japanese NHE program did.

> . . . or better the UN energy department, could set up one.

I know little about the UN, but my impression is that it is a dysfunctional
organization overrun by politics, like the DoE.

I think it is grave mistake to give any one organzation or one person any
special authority to decide about cold fusion, or any other scientific or
political controversy. We must have open competition of ideas, or unpopular
ideas will be crushed. CF has only survived so far (barely) because Washington
does not yet micromanage ALL scientific research. If the DoE or some other
organization, or for that matter Scott Little, is set up as a final arbitor of
what is true and what is not, I am sure that arbitor will his power to
aggrandize himself and attack cold fusion. That is what people always do when
they are given an opportunity to attack a highly unpopular idea.

You have to realize, the public and the scientific community despise cold
fusion. They will do anything within their power to destroy it. It only
survives because there are still a few scientists who do not depend on Federal
funding for their bread and butter.