Hi Harry,

>> If E=mc^2 is true, and mass is converted
>> to energy during nuclear binding, nuclear fission reactions should
>> create a vast cold implosion, not a vast hot explosion.

> It depends on where they are on the periodic table. Elements with an
atomic number greater than iron will release energy when undergoing
_fission_.  Elements with an atomic number less than iron will release
energy when undergoing _fusion_.

Another irrational argument.  I know what fusion and fission are.  Perhaps
you don't realize that fission is a physics process, regardless of what
element it refers to, and the same with fusion?

Forget which elements are fizzing and which are fusing.  If mass is
converted to energy when subatomic particles are binding (fusion), then when
they unbind (fission) energy should be converted back to mass, at least that
is the case if E=mc^2 means energy is equivalent to mass.  You can't have
mass being converted to energy in both cases.  That is one of the many
fallacies of mass energy equivalence theory.

Dave