Dear Mr Winestone,
                            I do wish people like you would not keep stirring
up the mud with the ridiculous beliefs that are implied in your phrase "When
the rational minds at Vortex start to buy into the mythology/religion of
man-made global warming, we're in deep trouble".

    Whatever the ideas/arguments that you have bought wholesale from the,
frankly evil (because of their effect),  climate change deniers I will show you
where they are either a) lies b) logically wrong c) crude rhetoric designed to
fool people so they defer to the selfish special interest groups (i.e, big
Oil/Coal) who have been throwing money at groups to generate this poisonous
rubbish for decades) or d) all three.  Bring on whatever you have got - I will
try to demolish it.

   You do not appear to realise that the "deniers" have been coming out with
one carefully crafted excuse after another at short intevals for at least
TWENTY YEARS now. Time after time the arguments generated by this sloppy
thinking (to be as kind as I can) have been shot down and put to bed but, like
the mythological Hydra, when one head is cut off, another grows in its place.
Part of the "deniers" evil rhetoric currently is that the existing scientific
consensus and the growing political consensus is some form of "mass religion",
thus allowing the "denier believers" (such as yourself) to feel rational and
above the common herd who believe in fairy stories. Your whole position, and
that of people like you, seems to be based upon the irrational belief that
people cannot affect the planets systems for good or ill. This belief is too
stupid (and irresponsible) for words.

Nick Palmer