* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

From: Dwayne Fries, Columbus, OH

I have been working on the problem of renewable energies since 1999,
long before the gas prices got out of control. I have designed two
unique features to a solar collector dish that make it far more
economical and far more powerful. I was working on putting it into
full production when I came up with another idea that was far more
powerful. I have come up with a design of a new devise that is much
like a microchip. It is very tiny and will draw in heat from the air
to convert it into electricity, just like creating minature lightening
bolts. I do not have the full design quite yet, but most of the design
work is done. Within twenty years, I believe that there will be no
need for batteries or plugging anything into a wall. Every kind of
electronic devise or anything else that runs off of any type of power
supply will simply use the energy that is already in the heat of the
air to provide needed energy for all devises. Cell phones will simply
work without needing recharging. Cars will run without gasoline. I am
very close to having a full design laid out and will be able to start
production of the devise within another 5 to 8 years, I am confident.

From: Rob Brice, Athens, GA

Fusion power is the most likely candidate to meet global energy needs
into the far future. The ITER project which has just begun
construction in Cadarache, France is going to be a solid step in
making commercial fusion power a reality.

Since Paul Lawrence's apparent self-imposed exile from Vortex I wonder
if he has assumed a new identity as well.

Regarding the ITER blog, hope springs eternally.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com