Greetings all.

I attended the "8th International Workshop on Anomalies in Hydrogen / Deuterium Loaded Metals." The titles of these conferences seems to be growing longer and longer, inversely correlated to the number of people actively involved in research and the progress in the field, which appears to be asymptotically moving toward oblivion. But maybe not! There is good news, which I shall relate briefly now and in detail later.

Anyway, I am back from Italy, jet-lagged and woozy. I had a heck of a time trying to get there. I was delayed for hours by a fire in the Atlanta MARTA subway, too late for that day, went the next day, etc., etc., and I was delayed again for many hours trying to get home. What an ordeal travel has become!

Bill Collis hopes to have most PowerPoint slides from the conference available on his website, iscmns, in three weeks. Peter Mobberley and I are the conference proceedings editors and I have set a deadline of January 1, 2008 for the papers. The papers will be published on paper, on line at iscmns, and perhaps also at LENR-CANR if we can sweet-talk Bill Collis into it (but it does not matter much where they are uploaded, as long as they are available).

As I mentioned here before, the abstracts are available here:

http://www.iscmns.org/catania07/Abstracts.pdf

In my opinion important experimental results included:

Storms, p. 9 in the Abstracts. Glow discharge. A very promising new approach.

The SRI - Israel - Italy collaboration, p. 23, 39 and elsewhere. Fleischmann Pons bulk palladium in heavy water technique. They can now make it work practically every time! An astounding accomplishment.

Li, p. 29, gas diffused from palladium tubes. Scaled up considerably, it produces proportionally more excess heat.

Biberian, p. 44, also working on gas diffused from palladium tubes. Li visited Biberian in 2004 and they have been cooperating & exchanging information about this technique. As I recall they have done it eight times. It failed six times, it worked once in an iffy manner, and then in the second-to-most recent test, it worked very well. Biberian is also testing Arata-type nanoparticle material stuffed into the pipe, subjected to diffusion.

Tanzella, p. 18. See also p. 37. Boss experiment with neutrons from co-deposited cathodes. There were some other reported replications of the Boss experiment but the Russian experts in CR39 have doubts about these other results, whereas they were convinced by this one, and Tanzella also used a BF3 detector, which also indicated a positive result.

That's my impression, but I may have missed other valuable results because I was late getting there. I hate to belittle or overlook other people's contributions. It is easier to judge these things months later when the papers are ready.

Anyway, I shall have much more to say later, but for now I shall catch up on a few things, and maybe go home, take an aspirin and try to get some more sleep.