Jones sez:

> High gas prices are opening up (so to speak) another
> kind of oil & gas extraction technique, called
> "fracture drilling," which was alluded to in a recent
> thread on the "new" oil discovery in the Dakotas and
> Montana (Williston Basin)
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/08/business/08gas.html?em&ex=1207886400&en=3513e391adf7ae70&ei=5087%0A

Interesting article. The new bonanza of gas extraction going on in
Pennsylvania doesn't seem to bare any relationship to what's allegedly
going on up in North Dakota. I assume we are dealing with two
completely different geological processes.

Regarding the NY article...

As always, it comes down to the bottom line. The final sentence:

"When Range came in a lot of people didn't like it," Mr. Deiseroth
said, "But things changed when they started getting their checks."

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks