Speaking of alternative energy companies...

It's been a long dry spell since we've heard anything from STEORN,
particularly since their spectacularly failed July 2007 demo debacle.
My gut reaction would be to assume, sadly, that things are probably
not being going well for them. Common sense would suggest to me that
STEORN's engineers would have been able to by now correct the kinks so
embarrassingly revealed in the failed demo. Surely they would have by
now presented a sequel: The new-and-improved ORBO.

Still waiting.

In absence of hard data, speculation runs rampant. One of my favorite
STEORN conspiracies can be found out on Wikipedia where:

* * * * * *

> Eric Berger, writing on the Houston Chronicle website,
> commented that:

> " Recall that Steorn is a former e-business company that
> saw its market vanish during the dot.com bust. It stands
> to reason that Steorn has re-tooled as a Web marketing
> company, and is using the "free energy" promotion as a
> platform to show future clients how it can leverage
> print advertising and a slick Web site to promote their
> products and ideas. If so, it's a pretty brilliant
> strategy.[33]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn

* * * * * *

Taking my own advice to heart, where it is advisable to choose the
conspiracy one wishes to believe in wisely, I have to admit that I
actually gave Mr. Berger's theory serious consideration. In the end,
however, I discarded it on the premise that Berger's theory violated
my personal understanding of the principals of Occam's Razor. The
theory personally strikes me as possessing too many complicated
assumptions that would have to be set in place for the final payoff to
eventually be realized. ...and just when is that "payoff" supposed to
occur?

Of course, this leave me once again clueless as to what might really
be going on. I've therefore decided appeal to the collective
intelligence of Vort's membership, particularly to all those
entrepreneurs and former CEOs who have suffered their own personal
stories - the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune while running
their own companies and start-ups. What say you all to the STEORN
saga? What do your own gut reactions suggest?

Bugged in Madison, Wisconsin.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com