-- Robin

> Assuming 10%, then the light output would be 2.46 W
> for pure H2 (taken from the table). To get a flux of
2 microwatt/cm^2, one would have to measure at a
> distance of about 3 m from the reaction.

Not at all.

You are apparently assuming the full cm^2 of the chip
is being irradiated. I am assuming, in contrast, but
taken from a previous diagram of a Mills' experiment,
that a pinhole detector was used.

Big difference - as a sub mm aperture is irradiating
the much larger detector chip - thus the low microwatt
figure.

Note: to protect these kinds of detector chips in a
plasma reactor, a pinhole is customarily used. CAVEAT:
I do NOT know that to be the case for certain here,
but the only experiments (which I remember seeing)
were set up exactly this way - with a pinhole and
photocell.

This point begs to be clarified, of course, since with
a pinhole - the actual radiation flux at the spherical
radius of the aperture, can a multiple of 10^5 or up
from the actual area of the intercepted radiation
through the hole.

IOW - if it was not a pinhole detector then nothing
that Mills has written, in terms of his past COP
claims, makes much sense - Nor does my crude analysis
of it.

More later,

Jones