Hi,
[snip]
>But even in Mills CQM when oxygen is active, if I am not mistaken, - it is the
>O++ catalyst and not the hydrino, which emits the excess energy.

In CQM, the O++ first absorbs 54 eV from the Hydrino, becoming O+++ in the
process. Then later, the O+++ recaptures the lost electron to become O++ again,
reemitting the 54 eV that it absorbed from the Hydrino.
Usually it doesn't stop there, but also grabs as many other loose electrons as
it can get it's paws on, trying to become O--.
In the mean time, having relinquished 54 eV to O++, the Hydrino has become
unstable and promptly drops to a stable level dumping even more energy in the
process.

>ERGO one might ask this pregnant question:
>
>... in the superthermite reaction, where aluminum appears to "steal" two
>oxygen ions from iron oxide - and the result is an apparent 2xHartree energy
>gain - is this some kind of redundant ground state but hydrino-less reaction
>which involves oxygen, not hydrogen, facilitating the exchange by appearing to
>have a reduced orbital ?

I have wondered about He iso H undergoing shrinkage, and have previously also
suggested that perhaps virtually any nucleus could steal a shrunken electron
from a Hydrino. However I doubt that there is really anything like this going on
in "super thermite". From the very little that I have read, I get the impression
that it just reacts faster than normal because the particles are (much) smaller.
See your own quote:-
>"The advantage (of using nanometals) is in how fast you can
>get their energy out," Son says. Son says that the chemical reactions
>of superthermites are faster and therefore release greater amounts of
>energy more rapidly... Son, who has been working on nanoenergetics for
>more than three years, says that scientists can engineer nanoaluminum
>powders with different particle sizes to vary the energy release rates.
>This enables the material to be used in many applications, including
>underwater explosive devicesÂ… However, researchers aren't permitted to
>discuss what practical military applications may come from this
>research."
>
>Dr Son has now apparently been silenced by the powers that be, and has no
>further comment.

Not surprising.
[snip]
Regards,