Hi,
[snip]
>This then is the very reason that ballotechnics are said to be MORE energetic,
>not less. IOW you want the particle to burn away the surface area of atoms of
>small particles very rapidly but ONLY the surface area - so the interior
>volume of the particle reaches maximum compression (about 300,000-1,000,000
>psi equivalent has been reported). This is not unlike the situation with
>nuclear weapons but the modality is non-nuclear and can be called
>suprachemical.
[snip]
This sounds a lot like the http://www.proton21.com.ua/index_en.html work. They
talk about a severely compressed shell of charge passing through the material,
and suggest that it catalyzes LENR reactions of the severe fusion-fission
variety. I also have a vague recollection of about a 10:1 energy ratio being
bandied about.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>