We Wisconsinites are once again digging ourselves out of a massive
snow storm. At least 12 inches fell last night in Madison, Wisconsin.
I live close enough to work that I walk most days. Today was no
different. I'll certainly get my quota of exercise in today, walking,
snow blowing, and shoveling the white stuff off the sidewalk and
driveway.

I'd say somewhere around thirty to forty percent of the office staff
did not make it in today. They drive, and the roads are unfit for most
vehicles. The lucky few who made it in drove their four-wheel drive
SUVs. Figures.

This is the second year in a row the Midwest seems to have been hit
with a lot of snow storms within a very short period of time. Shoot!
It aint' even officially winter yet! The rate the stuff is coming down
suggests we may break another snow accumulation record.

Global warming and all the erratic weather fluctuations that come with
the territory is certainly weird. I read somewhere that the latest
studies indicate that the polar ice caps are melting at an alarmingly
accelerated rate. I'm convinced all that melting polar ice has been
deliberately shipped down to Madison.

I could use a good cheap BLP space heater right now. Dang! When are
they going to start selling the damned contraptions at Wallmart.

Stay toasted.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com