You're right of course, Kyle, except the trend will be that vehicle
suspensions
will be active and computer controlled and the energy recovery will be a
natural
result of the motor drive circuitry. ( Such that you can go over speed bumps
at high speed and barely feel it,
so the speed bumps will get so high that folks with older cars won't be able
to go over them at all :-) . ).

The US is already requiring active stability control.

With the next generation of vehicles  Steorn ORBO powered, Howard
Johnson/Mylow powered, Pons-Fleischmann powered,
Hydrino powered, Focus fusion powered, Griggs sonofusion powered, Bearden
and Goldes powered,
no one will give a rat's ass about efficiency anymore, so this is just
academic anyway.

It'll be nice to leave the air conditioner/heater on all the time, and have
a refrigerator in the car etc.

You may not even have to park a car, just send it on it's way and call it to
come back when you want it.

Hoyt Stearns
Scottsdale, Arizona, US